Dear valued client,
Your 5th Avenue team have missed all our amazing clients and are so excited to hopefully be able to open our doors again from the 4th July. We have had to make a few changes to how we operate to open safely and would like to share this with you to offer some peace of mind.
We understand that our 'new normal' may take a little getting used to so we wanted to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure you still enjoy a lovely salon experience whilst knowing that you're in safe hands. We have been busy implementing these changes and would like to share with you our plans and new protocols for when we reopen.
There will be more government guidelines issued to us before opening and as we are still awaiting the official return to work policies the following information may change slightly. As it stands at the moment, we believe there to be restrictions on certain treatments we can carry out such as facials - as the client would be unable to wear a mask during this treatment. As soon as we know we will confirm with you the exact treatments we can offer.
- All clients MUST WEAR A MASK
- Appointments will be made over the phone, via message through social media or by email – no walk-in appointments
- Clients will be asked to arrive for their appointment at the booked time (not early or late) and wait outside to be invited into salon
- Late appointments may need to be rescheduled if insufficient time remains to complete treatment and room cleanse before next client is due
- Salon receptionist will ask you into salon where your temperature will be taken (remotely) and you will be asked to sanitise your hands at our sanitising station
- A medical questionnaire will have been completed at time of booking, but the receptionist will confirm you are not feeling unwell prior to being taken directly to your therapist at her workstation/room
- Your therapist will stay with you throughout your appointment and guide you back to reception to pay on completion and rebook your appointments.
- Clients are asked to come on their own for their appointment – no plus 1 including children
- Online or phone consultations will take place for anyone wanting to purchase retail and an allocated time to collect will be given
- Extended working hours to accommodate appointment requirements and business demands
- We request that you pay by card either directly after your treatment or before your appointment over the phone when booking
- The card terminal will be disinfected before and after every transaction
- Gift voucher payments can be used as normal to pay for your treatments
- A 2-metre policy is in place throughout the whole salon
- Waiting/seating areas have been removed as appointments will be staggered so no waiting time is needed
- A manicure table has been moved from reception and relocated elsewhere in salon
- The floor is clearly marked with where you can stand in reception when completing your appointment at the desk or purchasing products
- Your therapist or receptionist will always guide you through salon
Safety and Protection
- Masks and any other required PPE will always be worn by 5th Avenue staff for your protection and ours
- Gloves will be worn during treatments
- Screens are available to use during treatments if requested
- Sanitisation station will be set up in reception as you enter salon and in each treatment room
Management of illness and symptoms
- Staff will have their temperature checked as they arrive in salon.
- Team members will not attend work if they have mild symptoms suggestive of Covid-19.
- After any illness team members will only return to work 48 hours after all symptoms cease.
- Team members whose family have symptoms or are infected with Covid-19 will follow the government guidelines on isolation.
- We request that customers do not visit the salon if they have even mild symptoms
- We will be recording all clients and customers who enter the salon each day in case anyone is then confirmed as covid-19 positive we have a tracking system in place
Extra Cleaning time
- A full room cleanse will take place after every client
- A full salon cleanse will take place minimum twice daily
- Equipment cleanse after every use
- Bathrooms will be fully cleansed after every use with a sanitisation station in the bathroom for clients
Salon environment to minimise risk
- Clear instruction posters will be placed around salon and outside salon on the door and windows
- No refreshments will be provided for clients
- No testers or samples will be available in salon
- No magazines or treatment/product brochures
- Clients asked to bring minimal belongings into salon eg coats and bags and you will be asked to keep hold of all belongings
- We will cleanse down throughout the day and a deep sterilisation at the end of every day
- Maximise ventilation
- Paper towels in the bathroom instead of hand towels and we ask clients not to use bathroom unless an emergency
- Disposable single use salon equipment will be used in treatments and disposed of immediately
- Treatment rooms and workstations are more clinical – removing all soft furnishings to support room cleanse between each appointment
- Individual therapists will work from one treatment room or nail station all day
- Towels and Laundry
- Towels are only used once and will be stored in sealed laundry bin per room
- Towels will be washed at a minimum temp of 60 degrees
- Disposable towels will be used where possible
- Barbicide Sanitisation Certification refresher
- Barbicide Covid -19 Certification
- Loreal/Decleor Hygiene and Safety Certification
- The Guild Covid-19 infection course
- OPI Salon Sanitisation Certification
- Additional Courses/Refresher
- Eyes on Cancer – skin cancer and melanoma certification
- Guinot webinar – product and treatment refresh
- Decleor webinar – product and treatment refresh
These new protocols you will encounter have not been taken lightly. The changes made are with health and safety as our top priority and we are following the government guidelines and advice from the World Health Organisation to ensure all standards are met. If you have any questions at all please contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you back into salon safely….
Team 5th Avenue x